Strange Saturday

The Husband mentioned this morning that he wanted to have the kind of day where I didn't say at the end of it that it wasn't a good day.  And while today was out-of-the-ordinary for us in many regards, I have to say that overall:  it was a good day.

Some good things:

- sleeping in and lounging around till we showered around 10 a.m.

- Brunching out - I had the chile verde omelette and it was scrumptious!  The scone was a treat as well.

- Meandering around Lowe's and Home Depot (surely we are old when we find that fun!)

- Test driving a VW Beetle.  (I've loved these since the new body style.  S-o-o very fun to drive!  Thinking about getting one.  Would that be totally stupid?  The Prius is a wonderful car and so very practical.  Practical has sort of worn out its welcome with me.  I'm ready for fun!)

- Finding something "different" to take to dinner tomorrow.  Hope they like it!

Comfy!
- Getting some vacuuming done and some garden-planning worked on.

- Having one of those rare days when there was no pressure, no deadlines, no time table, no commitment.  Just "traveling along, singing a song, side by side" was perfect for today.

- Temperatures in the upper 60's with lots of sunshine made for the first day for shorts for The Husband.  I think he kind of liked it.

- Having someone need something that I could open a drawer and put my hands on the very thing needed.  So very good for me to be able to help in that way.

And tonight's gratitude:  For a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment