Monday's Matters

Been on a several little "mikro" adventures the last few days.  (The Husband's name: Mike, thus the derivation of micro.  He's used this moniker for years.)  I so enjoy the adventures.

Twice the luck?
This morning's mikro netted a couple pennies.  If picking up one found penny provides luck all the day, will two found and picked up pennies provide double the luck?  I'm counting on it.

Had some money from selling something online a month ago that was burning a hole in my pocket.  Set off to spend it.  Figured since I had $$ and an idea of what I'd like to purchase with it the endeavor would be unsuccessful (usually can only find stuff that calls to me when I haven't the money for it). Managed to find a couple things. Yay for me!

YAY for electricity!
Spent the weekend mentally debating whether or not to buy the VW Beetle.  Am fully aware of the negatives.  Still, no other car has piqued my interest in a very long time.  First thing this morning saw a picture of my friend/neighbor standing in front of her new VW Beetle.  Decision made.  No more agonizing.  I will be content.  As I should have been all along.

Abandoned the house for a few hours this morning because of a scheduled power outage.  (They were hooking up the electricity for the new school a block away.  Necessitating the blackout of the entire neighborhood.) The Husband settled in at our local AstroBurger for the duration. Arrived home expecting the power to still be off only to find they were done - power is restored (and nearly all the clocks need to be re-set.)

Decided I was done with FaceBook for awhile.  Logged out figuring I'd forget the password.  Didn't really miss it.  Until I accidentally discovered that my iPad is still logged in.  Should remedy that at some point....

Today's gratitude:  for stable reliable power to run all the conveniences that occupy our home.  (And for double chocolate shakes to share with just the perfect person!)

No comments:

Post a Comment