Thursday

So, I made it through the week - including the stressed about Thursday.  We managed some walks, and got some errands done.

Thursday was hard.  It's hard to feel welcome and wanted when you're - well - not. But a couple grandkids spoke to me, I was finally greeted with some conversation when it was almost time to leave, but I guess I should be grateful for that, and truly, I am.  This was one time I was grateful we had somewhere to be so we couldn't stay around and feel so awkwardly-on-the-fringes.  

The mammogram was uneventful (I think they've somehow improved things so it isn't quite so painful anymore) and I had the results in about 24 hours.  No problems, see you next year!  Whew!  Those things are always so stressful.

Hale Theatre was fun, the music pretty constant and engaging.  The Husband loved it and that always makes me happy.

And the "hope something good happens to you today"?  Saw that in the back window of a car.Thought it was delightful.  I hope that for everyone also, and for the ability to recognize something good no matter how small or trivial it might appear.

Friday we headed back to that far corner of the valley (and don't let anyone say the traffic around isn't horrid!).  Spent some time at Lambert's getting our tomato starts.  Along with some replacement strawberries, a cucumber or two, a melon, and a few flowers.  I try to always find one to take specifically to one of the sisters I minister to who isn't really able to communicate.  She can talk and tries valiantly.  But there's some kind of short circuit in her brain from all the chemo she's had with her multiple bouts of cancer.  She's so dear.  We stopped at her house on the way home and found the two of them out in their yard; had a fun short chat with them both.  The Husband will deliver the two we bought for his ministering families this afternoon.  

Our crabapple.

Yesterday the storehouse was busy.  We were short staffed even in the beginning.  Then the afternoon people who come to replace the morning people were all "out" for the day.  I felt so sad about leaving them without enough people.  So, after a quick lunch at Pizzeria Limone (my favorite, not so much The Husband's) we went back for a couple hours to finish out the day.  Not sure we made much of a difference though people were so kind to tell us thanks over and over.  I think mostly it was mental, just the fact that two more experienced people showed up was a mental boost.  Glad we were in a position to do so that day.

The Hawthorne
And the hawthorne tree is getting ready to bloom.  A few little flowers have popped up, the branches are loaded with buds.  The storm coming in today will hopefully not decimate them, it's been quite windy.  We wait all year long for the beauty of this tree that we planted the weekend my Mom died, 2010.   (We should have planted it further from the driveway and I had not idea it was so messy with the berries.  Still, I love it.) I took quite a few pictures of it, but the wind would not allow me to get it completely in focus.  I try so hard to take a decent picture.  I guess the aptitude isn't quite there. The little crabapple in front of the house is lovely.

Today I'm thankful for fast Sunday and the ability to sacrifice a bit of food and water in earnest hopes that Heavenly Father will understand what is very important to me and answer my prayers according to the right thing He has in mind for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment