Sweet Fun

Raised bench and footstool for comfort.
Was invited today to a piano recital.  My cousin teaches piano to a good collection of lucky youngsters.  One of whom is her granddaughter.  The cute young thing who inherited her great great grandmother's piano (via me last September).

What a treat to be able to witness firsthand a budding love for music (she loves songs in minor keys) as well as a budding talent.  She's a little sweetheart with a fun, spunky personality.

After the recital they played "Symphony" - their version of musical chairs.  Giggles were abundant, even from the spectators - especially me.  I don't remember ever having fun at a piano lesson, and I wasn't taught even the very basics of theory.  I just learned how to read music, the interpretation I added as I went along.

My cousin is doing great things with these children.  Not the least of which is teaching a love for music and the fact that there is fun in learning.  How fortunate they are.

Today's gratitude:  for people in the world who enjoy life, do good things and spread care & concern for others - true followers of our Savior.  (My own aspirations.) And for music, wherever we find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment