Attaboy!

The Husband deserves a couple Attaboys!! tonight.  Not only did I drag him off to look at purses (so not his type of activity) but he acted interested, supportive and anxious to go.  Seriously, just when I'm in one of those moods, He does his utmost to make me feel like a princess.  (And if one "aw shucks" wipes out a thousand Attaboys, I think these Attaboys ought to wipe out at least several hundred "aw shucks.")
Would This Dogwood really grow in Utah?

He treated me to dinner at a tepanyaki - one of my favorite (and rarely eaten) kinds of meals!  At our table was a young couple:  covered fairly completely with tattoos and the young man had those discs in his earlobes.  They were most anxious to treat us to sake bombs (which we declined but were happy to applaud when they downed theirs).  They were quite pleasant (even-to-these-people-old-enough-to-be-their-grandparents) - a reminder to not "judge a book by its cover."

Stopped at Home Depot for some annuals for the garden in front of the porch.  (I actually did the planting last year and everything not only survived, it seemed to thrive, so I think I'll be the one doing the planting on Monday.)  The Husband ushered me over to the corner where he'd spied this stunning dogwood tree.  If we'd had the funds and a spot, I think he'd have brought it home with us.  Truly a feast for the eyes - even amongst all the other showy plants.

Not only does the earth come alive in the spring, but there is a vibrancy and buoyancy alive in the air.  It is as if people have also been hibernating and the minute there is some sun and warmth everyone emerges from their cocoons and radiates joy.  Fun.

And tonight's gratitude:  for a purse on sale!  Thanks My Love, even though I don't need or deserve it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment