Discussions

I've been having a discussion with myself all morning long.  Several things that keep popping into my mind that I really don't want to think about.  Almost like one of those songs that get stuck in your head that you can't get out.  I keep thinking of hymns to push aside the bleakness.

Must be spring in the Rockies - those mountains behind the clouds.
Ever wake up just plain grumpy?  Anything and everything just plain irritates / annoys you?  That's me today.  It must be Monday.  I so dislike when this kind of mood descends on me.  Working hard to give it the boot.  (Also working hard to be extra kind - The Husband doesn't deserve this kind of mood from me. Nor does anyone else.)

Woke up this morning to snow.  Good thing we haven't planted any tomatoes yet (although everyone around here knows not to plant fragile stuff like that until well after Mother's Day).

Regular as clockwork a couple times a year, The Husband and I start the "moving" discussion.  Again. We love our home and it's general location.  At the same time we wish we had a much smaller home (frees up some cash for travel or a mission) in an area where all the homes are a bit more modest.  We've had a real estate agent / friend looking at lots - almost plunked down an offer on one last summer.  But it's strange, we just keep going in circles.  Which one would take to mean we aren't supposed to be moving / building again.  Why then, does it keep cropping up?  And with such insistence?  I get weary of the talk / hope / disappointment.  But, sure as the sun comes up each day, the subject comes up each so-often.  Wishing for a once-and-for-all solution.  We really thought this would be our forever (earthly) home.  Things change, and now I'm not so sure.

We hear stories of people who weren't even planning to sell and someone rings their doorbell with an offer on their house - the friends across the street had that very thing happen to them.  If that would happen to us it would make things so much easier. But then we're not living on Easy Street.

I think I'll start looking for a place - one on a street named Easy.

Update - 12 hours later:  I found a dime in the parking lot.  If you find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck.  Does a found dime mean 10 times the good luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment