Peaked

Still thinking about my recent hesitant incursion into Sephora (the lovely store at City Creek Center).  I've discovered I'm increasingly bashful about entering places like this.  (As is often the case, it is easier in the company of another.)

When entering places such as this, I tend to be hyper-aware of several things:
 - my grey hair
 - my elbows where you can see faces in the wrinkles + my saggy upper arms
 - my excessive weight
 - my age
 - my conservative dress, hair and makeup
 - also other unnamed things

I'd like to think I've got at least a couple decades of life left.  That's more than a year or two. Somewhere along the way, though, I seem to have peaked.  I hit my best in terms of health, looks and societal acceptance.  And I wasn't even aware. (And I'm guessing no one else was looking, either.)

How did that happen? How did I let all the good years pass while I was busy - being Mom / Wife? Hopefully in the time I have left I'll manage to find some high points:  some fun, some awareness of the beauty of this world, some joy in the everyday and some unexpected delight in the mundane.

In the meantime, I'm glad I'm still alive to greet each day with a measure of gratitude in my heart for the abundance of blessings that have come my way.


Flo and Friends by Jenny Campbell

Flo and Friends

 (With my salute Jenny Campbell for her Comic Strip Flo and Friends - one of my favorites.)

Today is definitely a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment