Mountains and Flip Flops

Heard tonight at Stake Conference this observation:  The view from the tops of the mountains are broad ranging and beautiful.  But nothing grows on the tops of the mountains.  It is in the valleys where the rivers flow that growing things flourish.  It is likewise in the valleys of our lives that the growth happens, that we can be nurtured and learn.  Painful at times, but true.  An interesting comparison, I thought.

It has only been in the last couple years that I've been able to tolerate flip flops.  Haven't ever cared for (more like abhorred) that nasty part between my two biggest toes.  Decided to take a page from The Husband's book this morning and try out the flip flops with my socks.  (I detest wearing shoes in the house - more of a sock person - but the arthritis pain in my feet has been annoyingly increasing and the arch support really helps.)

Not quite comfy.
Looked like this - like The Husband in his flip flops with socks, only smaller.  Lasted for about 10 minutes, then couldn't stand it and off the flip flops came.  Looking forward to warmer weather when I can comfortably wear flip flops without socks.

Tonight's gratitude:  for the ability to hold hands with my sweetie.  Don't think I could ever express the comfort, strength, warmth and even hope that I feel when I reach out my hand and it is readily accepted.  Thanks, My Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment