Affliction

I have an affliction.  Actually, I have several, but one is at the forefront today.  I am clumsy.  I have always been this way.  I can read a book and walk at the same time (even outside).  But I cannot drink and walk at the same time.

I've been known to trip over carpet moguls (like the ones on ski slopes) that no one can see.  I've done face plants (yes, as an adult) on our front (cement) porch.  I have scars from stitches in several fingers and on my chin.  I am a klutz.

Today started out so well.  It was a play day - a day off work given by the bosses as a reward for the hard work on the project that shipped today.  We stopped at Bake 360 (The Husband's new favorite bakery here in town) on our way to the movie.  Had a free IMax movie ticket.  Saw Oblivion.  The Husband thought it was great.  I liked it pretty well.  Treated ourselves to steaks from Costco which The Husband grilled to perfection.

Front of the blooming beauty.
Pot Damage - what a travesty!
Then....it happened.  Reaching over the orchids (on which we have lavished much time, money and concern) to close the window blinds, my elbow caught the support stick and toppled the orchid, pot and all, onto the tile floor.  I could almost hear my precious flowering plant whimpering in pain from the trauma.

I feel like such an idiot.  Sure, it was an accident.  Could I have avoided it?  Perhaps, perhaps not.  Too late for second guessing but I'm an expert at self recrimination.  I've swept up the pot shards and planting medium, we've shored up the plant as best we could.  Nothing now to do but wait for the blooming cycle to be over and we can re-pot the beauty.  Undoubtedly the months-long blooms will be shorter lived.

I surely hope the plant angel-guardians were looking elsewhere and missed the mishap.  And tomorrow evening:  I'm leaving the blinds open.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, just being my usual clumsy self. Embarrassment is a frequent feeling for me.

      Delete