Observant

I've received a bit of teasing lately at how unobservant I am.  Discouraging.  Particularly since I've thought I was generally fairly observant.  I guess I've missed a few things.

However, I have seen some things.

Like the toddler bouncing out of the library with her Mom and siblings.  Dressed in a red and white horizontally striped t-shirt, pants.  And a sparkly, sparkly net skirt over the top.  With brown and yellow patterned galoshes on her feet.  Too cute.

Only a small corner of the field of yellow.
And this partial view (phone cameras have limits) of a yard around the corner.  A large field of grass covered in yellow.  So pretty.  (Yes, they're dandelions.  Yes, a weed.  Still:  yellow is a happy color - enough for me to notice anyway.)

And the guy I saw yesterday walking down the street; playing his guitar while he walked.  (I think I especially noticed this since I have such a hard time walking and doing much of anything else while I walk - I'm totally challenged that way.)  Unfortunately he was across the busy street so I couldn't hear the beautiful music I'm sure he was playing.

Which reminds me of a quote I read that I really like:  "Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart. --Pablo Casals

No comments:

Post a Comment