Morning Walk

I generally start out my morning walk / bike ride with a prayer.  I wander along, sending my thoughts/hopes/gratitude to Heavenly Father.  I hope He is fine with me walking and praying at the same time.  I often feel like I can better formulate my thoughts and listen / respond to guidance when I'm out by myself, in nature.
That weather is headed straight for me.

This morning I set out without even a concern for the weather, other than to check the temperature for clothing parameters.  It was clear, the sun was brightening the sky and it looked to be a perfect morning for a walk.

About 15 minutes along I had finished communing with Heaven and was taking stock of my surroundings when I had to re-trace my steps to be sure I was seeing what I was seeing.  Off to the north the mountains were disappearing.  There appeared to be a wall of raining clouds filling the valley.  Really?

Seriously wet and cold.
I'll be fine, I thought.  It wasn't even that breezy.  On the return home, I got to that same spot and calculated that I could make it home just fine.  As quick as I could snap my finger it was snowing and in no more than a few seconds was a white-out.

To my rescue came my Prince, (still wearing his robe) riding his faithful white Charger.  It was only roughly another 3/4 of a mile to home, but still he came.  I looked pretty much like a drowning cat, sodden and cold; but a grateful one.

Lunchtime - and I was set on making something a bit out of the ordinary, something I don't usually do.  Sort of a teensy thank-you to The Husband.  Unfortunately, I was so wrapped up in doing one part I forgot about the other part and burned it to charcoal.

So, for the rest of the day I'm staying inside  (and away from the stove).  Even though the sun is now shining in a mostly cloud-free sky.

Today's gratitude:  for parts of life that are never boring, but provide mini-adventures along the way, reminding us not to take the good things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment