It Was A Very Fine Day

My cousins invited me to go to the Women's Conference at BYU.  I've been more than several times in the past.  But quit going when it got so crowded and I got frustrated.  It's been quite a few years since I went.

While I wouldn't say it was an extraordinary day, I will state that it was just the perfect "shot in the arm" for me.  I so enjoyed spending the day with my two cousins - even though we left many a conversation dangling and unfinished as we went on to other topics, classes and ideas.  They are delightful women who I am pleased to call family.

Just a few of the thoughts I jotted down (some are paraphrased and unattributed quotes, others are what I remember of what the presenter said):

 - Grace happens anyway.  The least we can do is be present for it.

- If we "own" the lives we've been given we can find greater joy in them.

 - A portion of something from Jeffrey R. Holland (a favorite of many of us):  Salvation is not a cheap experience.

 - Meaningful and real change takes place one on one.  We can find many examples of this in the Savior's life.

 - People look at my six days of the week to see what I mean on the seventh.

6" x 65" in roughly 6 hours.
We snagged some "take and make" kits (crocheted scarves) on our way into the conference this morning.  My goal was to completely finish my scarf since I won't be back tomorrow.  And...success!  I did it!  (I actually had to start over, I had an uncooperative skein of yarn.  This was the first beginning.  I forgot to snap the finished product.)

Today's gratitude:  Where to begin?  For a husband who encourages me - always - to broaden my horizons, to do fun things, to learn and grow without ever a hint of anything negative!  Thanks, My Love!!  For a comfortable, reliable car to take me places where I can learn and grow.  For comfy shoes in which to walk over 8,000 steps today.

And most of all on this particular day - for a couple sweet women who invited, included and imparted great kindness to me, especially at a time when I didn't realize how much I needed this specific kind of uplifting.  Let's do it again next year.  And maybe I can get my daughters to come, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment