Out Of Step

I believe I'm a fairly independent thinker.  I'm not so much a trend follower - in much of anything.  I don't color my hair, have artificially lengthened fingernails, enhanced bosoms or eyelash extensions.

My house is decorated (I use this term very loosely) with things that are meaningful to us, in colors that we like.  Not something chosen by someone else, although people have offered to decorate for me ("it would be so much fun, I'd love to do your house!")

I dislike spending money.  So shopping isn't usually much fun.

Facebook and Pinterest aren't for me.  I don't enjoy them.

I don't criticize anyone else for their involvement in any of these things.  They just aren't for me. Thus...I usually feel a bit out of step with the rest of the world.  Conflicted would be the right description.  I like to have friends and feel involved.  But since I'm usually the lone voice in the crowd - the one that thinks differently, I'm often uncomfortable.

Purple lilac buds forming!
(Note to self:  don't lunch out alone at Corner Bakery when I'm having a "feeling uncomfortable" day.)

And then the question: am I really out of step with everyone else?  Or are they out of step with me?

The Husband needs to come home quick, I'm living too much inside my head while he's gone.  (Nearly talked the ears off The Daughter last night.  Sorry!)

And today's gratitude:  for springtime and the flowers it brings.  These lilacs a ways down the trail are much further ahead in their development than the ones by my front porch.  I hope we have blooms this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment