Prayers

I've often wondered:  if I could see a prayer, what would it look like?

There are as many different prayers as there are people and situations that people find themselves in that lead them to pray.  And I imagine each prayer would look different.

Rain all morning makes lovely colors!
Some prayers might be dark, when someone is crying out to Heavenly Father in despair or is in pain.  Prayers for comfort might be lighter, but perhaps softer.

I think we've all seen what kindness looks like, so a prayer for kindness (both for the receiving and the dispensing of kindness) might be easier to picture in our minds.

A prayer of gratitude might look like a sweet child, or someone we love or even....maybe...flowers.

And most likely this silly wondering is pointless.  Still, I have wondered.  When I've sat in church, or the Temple and I know there are numerous prayers wafting heavenward,  I've wondered what they would look like if I could see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment