Friday, It's Friday

Began the day with my walk on the trail.  Wasn't quite quick enough with my phone/camera to get a picture of the cute cat sunning itself under the tree.  Wish I had been faster.

Pink: such a lovely color on trees.
The Husband had his camera and phone at the ready.  We had to choose between a number of snaps of the morning sun twinkling on the tri-color beeches.  They are pretty much at their pink peak and what a stunning color it is.  Too bad the pixels can't do the actual color the justice it deserves.  This little area (taken through the window from the stair landing) is fun right now - the sweet woodruff is in full bloom (on the right through the branches) the labrador viola is still blooming and it all looks lush and green.

I must be in a pink mood.  The Husband treated me to some desk shelf organizers and a wastebasket in a cute pink.  Totally cleaned off my desk.  And my spirit is much more at peace as I sit here.

IKEA:  ready to help if one can't read picture directions.
I laughed out loud - the instructions for assembling the shelves had this picture.  I think it was the expression on the question-mark-guy's face that got me.  Who says humor is dead?

In between, I've done all the laundry, finished up the ironing, been treated to lunch out with The Husband, indulged in the $1 frozen yogurt cone at IKEA, stitched on the baby blanket I'm making for the lady I visit teach (her baby is due in July, and she is very patient with two visiting teachers who are old enough to be her mother) read a couple pages in Henry B. Eyring's new book (promises to be an uplifting read), practiced a little piano, and generally enjoyed the day.

Today's gratitude:  for little things with big impact, especially on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment