Beginning Of The Week

It has been a few days since I've posted.  Obviously.  Been thinking what has been worth posting.  There are only a few notables from my recent history.  (Nothing exciting or extraordinary.  Just my everyday life.  And I read a column just this morning about the value of the everyday life - the fact that if that is the life you have and enjoy, then why not?!!)

• I generally consider seeing a (live) deer a good omen.  One came bounding down the hillside at our moving car.  Thankfully it turned and went down the side of the road instead of into our car.  He must have known it wouldn't end well had he continued into the road.

• Waiting in line at an eatery to place my order.  "HI,HI,HI" piped this little voice.  The source: a little 3 or 4 year-old-pigtailed-cutie who then proceeded to tell me all about her friend, the little stuffed elephant in her hands.  She demonstrated how he can play peek-a-boo with his ears, showed me his tail and wanted to be my friend.  Her excitement was barely contained.  She brightened my day.

• Went out for the mail and discovered yet another gopher hole.  This was apparently dug within the last few minutes.  The Husband thought perhaps he saw the critter when he went straightaway out to dribble bait into the hole. Seriously, again?

Roses = beauty
• Entered the garage on an errand and wondered why the hood of my car was popped a bit.  Wondered how long I'd been driving around like that?  And how the heck did it get that way?

• Dropped a gift off for a friend and marveled at the beauty of their dogwood trees.  (If not for the rain I could have snapped a picture.)

• Watched a girl (about 12 or so) wander down the sidewalk - in the rain - shoes hooked around her fingers, dancing along.  Literally.  Perhaps she was rehearsing something from her ballet/dance class.  Whatever.  She surely presented a lovely image, dancing along in the rain in her bare feet, seemingly oblivious to anything but her thoughts.

• Felt like an idiot when I decided to be an adventurer (on a small scale) and take an unknown road to our destination.  Sorry, My Friends, for driving you all over the place only to end up virtually where we started.

• Mentioned to The Husband this morning I seem to be perpetually grumpy.  Came home to a sweet love note and these fragrant roses.  Still feel grumpy.  Things just smell better.  (Thanks, My Love: you 'll never know how grateful I am you found me. Please don't ever leave without me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment