Why?

Why is it this hot this early in the season?  Yesterday was over 90 degrees.  Yes, in May!  Today was upper 80's.  I was going to tough it out without turning on the air conditioning until The Husband arrived home.  It seems so silly to cool this entire house just for me.  I capitulated.  The air conditioners are running full blast.  Oh, bliss.

Why, when I wanted to do something kind for someone did everything seem to conspire against me?  I finally managed to "make do".  We'll see how it turns out.  Hopefully she will enjoy that we were thinking of her as much as she enjoys the kouign aman. (Do a Google search.  They are absolute heaven-for-the-tastebuds.)

It appears that our lovely tri-color beeches will go straight from just popped leaves to end-of-summer-brown-crisp instead of giving us that stunning spring pink that we so look forward to.  It's that heat thing.

Aah, that air conditioning feels so good on my toes!
Received an Ulta gift card for Mother's Day.  Spent most of it today.  Bought luxury cosmetics.  Fabulous treat.

Today's gratitude:  for the ability to have the home phone's calls forwarded to my cellphone.  Gives me such a sense of security knowing that The Husband and I won't play quite so much phone-tag.

(And after looking at this picture decided that I really do have 61 year old feet!  I am so grateful for them.  They carry me many places.  They have endured blisters and broken toes and stress fracture and more blisters and arthritis, just to name a few. I have bunions and callouses.  Yet still, I walk many many miles each week.  I'll wear my aging look as gracefully as I can.)



No comments:

Post a Comment