In Threes, Really?

We've been battling some sickly grass.  With the extreme (and early) hot weather and then that dastardly wind that never seems to cease, the lawn is fried.  The Husband is peeved with our YardGuy who drove his mower over the crispy grass causing further damage.  We've soaked and soaked it and it looks like it might revive.  (Our water bill is going to be out of sight!)  I should have paid better attention last week when The Husband was out of town.

Not just the road but now the trail, too?
Air conditioners are supposed to work, right?  Ours wasn't - working, that is.  Were able to get the repairman out pretty quickly (after an uneasy sleep) and the fix didn't take long.  And while the damage to our checking account wasn't as bad as it could have been, I still hadn't planned on spending that cash in that way.

Decided (still / again) I'm not a shopper.  I just want to find what it is I need/seek/desire and get it done with.  Have little patience for looking and looking and no patience whatsoever with meander-shopping.  (Hearkens back to that poor childhood and my dislike for spending money.)  Did, however, manage to find a pair of white jeans - and on sale no less - for roughly 50% off.

Hit the trail this morning (not quite as early as I would have liked) leaving my iPod at home.  I do that occasionally.  It always surprises me how quickly the time passes, my mind seems occupied (I often spend some of that time praying) and I can more readily hear the robins and finches and meadowlarks.  I didn't miss my iPod at all.  However...just a few hundred feet from home I hit a road--er--trail block.  (Will the middle school never be finished?)  Now they're digging up the trail!  They kindly slowed their blacktop removal while I passed, promised me the trail would be passable (only on roadbase) by this afternoon and didn't yell at me.

So:  troubled grass, unhappy air conditioner, and broken trail.  That's three, right?  We should be good for a bit, right?  Please?  (And please don't say the broken trail doesn't count.  I'm counting on it counting!)

And today's gratitude:  For the only basketball game I attended during my high school years.  The very game where a cute guy sat behind me and pulled fluff from my sweater.  The cute guy that I married.  And I think he's still pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment