Only 3 In The Afternoon...

and I'm tired already.  Today's agenda has included (but isn't limited to) the following:

Think she'll like this blanket for her baby girl?
• walked 5 miles on the trail

• went to the laundromat where I washed, dried the blanket I made making it ready for gifting

• picked up a jacket from the store tailor (refused to re-anchor a button on a brand-new-only-worn-once-jacket of The Husband's)

• spent too much at Costco

• vacuumed

• steamed the tile

• researched a couple recipes for a friend

• cleaned some bathroom sit-down-porcelain

• prepared The Husband's lunch

• folded some laundry

While I realize this is a very short list compared to what lots of other women accomplish in much less time, for some reason, today I feel like I've worked.  Now, I might manage to get in a little reading/stitching before time to fix dinner. Unless I sit down in a chair a take an unintended nap.

A couple things I noticed:

• An employee at the laundromat was cleaning l-o-t-s of our U.S. flags.  At one point she had 13 mondo dryers running - all filled with multiple fairly large flags.  Don't know that I've ever seen that before, I guess it never occurred to me to wonder how flags get cleaned, if they even do.

• Rounding a corner at Costco nearly trampled (accidentally) a boy, about 10 or so, sitting cross-legged on the floor, chin propped in hands totally immersed in a book from the book tables.  Cute, cute sight.  Love, love to see young'uns reading.

• Got some fabulous pictures of the supermoon setting and the sun rising.  It was a lovely morning for a walk.

• I shall never consider fresh strawberries forbidden fruit.

• I wasn't fond of the vampire fad.  Not big on the robots.  Saw the Brad Pitt zombie movie over the weekend.  I'm less fond of zombies.  Can't help but wonder what's next?

• Played peek-a-boo with a purple finch who was apparently scavenging breakfast in one of our house gutters.

Today's gratitude:  for hugs, particularly ones from The Husband.  (He rarely has his hug block going.)

No comments:

Post a Comment