Fun!

I've been needing some new bread pans since we had to cut one apart awhile ago.  Couldn't bring myself to spend the money.  Went to a sale at a kitchen supply yesterday and walked out with 4 new bread pans.  Pricey, even on sale.  Made me a tad nervous, spending that much on pans.

Maybe not pretty, but definitely tasty!
So...today I had to try them out.  What fun it was to make some whole wheat bread and deliver a couple loaves to some friends of ours.  (I've become quite a fan of the hard white wheat - it produces such a light, moist loaf of bread!)

Of course, that was after the two of us devoured half a loaf.  Warm bread fresh from the oven with melting butter drizzled with a touch of honey:  pure pleasure on my tongue.

I've been quite mindful of something that's been occurring in Primary the last little while.  I play prelude while the sr. kids are coming in to sharing time from class.  And again after the closing prayer.  I've heard (while I'm playing) some of the kids and one of the teachers humming along to the music.  I'm not sure if they're even aware they're doing it.  But...the result warms my heart.  The music reaches out to them and gets into their head/heart.  Those primary songs are full of goodness, doctrine and peace.  How gratifying to my soul to hear that my few minutes of service reaches others.  How enriching is the blessing of music!

Today's gratitude:  for fabulous new bread pans....and Heavenly Father's gift of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment