Inside My Head

I always say that when The Husband is gone I tend to live too much inside my head. Then, when I manage to talk to someone it seems like a week's worth of thoughts explode outward; most likely causing the other person to question their time commitment to this particular conversation.

Been thinking today about a phrase I heard: faithful and true heart.  My heart yearns to be faithful and true. And kind and loving. It takes some leap(s) of faith to go forward in life, ever striving and working for a new, improved version of myself.  Which brings me to today's Rose Is Rose.  I'm a big fan of even a small leap of faith.  Larger leaps might be harder, but when successful...Wow!

Rose is Rose

Was surprised today.  Bought 10 or so cards for some upcoming birthdays. The cashier thanked me for putting all the cards in a pile so their bar codes were visible without her having to turn them around or lift the envelope flap.  Didn't think something so minor would matter.  But to her it did - enough for her to remark on it and thank me for my efforts. Sometimes it does feel like life/the world hinges on very small things.
Clock That Can't Count

The Husband inherited this little clock from his Grandmother via his Mom.  Its annoying tick and hourly chimes (spring chime) have finally landed it in my sewing room (the place where it causes the least irritation). Recently we've noticed it has begun to act out.  The closer the hour gets to 12, the more erratic becomes the number of chimes.  No longer can we count the chimes in the middle of the night to know the hour in which we are not sleeping (though we wish we were sleeping).  The Husband took it apart the other morning.  Couldn't find anything wrong with it.  Put it back together.  And yep, it still likes to play with our minds.  Sometimes it chimes accurately.  Most often it doesn't.  Way to keep us on our toes.

Today's gratitude: for kind people who are patient with my thought torrent when I've been alone for too many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment