Middle Of The Week

And I've been doing probably w-a-y too much thinking.

• Headed out for my bike ride this morning.  I've quipped that I ride the route I do because it is uphill all the way out, and downhill all the way back.  I like to get the hard part over first then just meander along enjoying the ride without much effort.

If that philosophy were applied to life, the hard stuff would pretty much be over and I'd be coasting along, expending little effort to finishing out my years on earth.  Sounds sorta appealing.  On second thought, though, it might be kind of boring.  (I've often asked for a little boring, haven't had much luck with that request, either.) That would mean I'd learned all I'm meant to learn. Don't think we're - any of us - ready for that kind of existence.  Heavenly Father knows best.

• Noticed on my ride this morning that I haven't heard any meadowlarks in a while.  Instead, yesterday morning I was greeted with a deep, long m-o-o from the cow alongside the trail.  A comforting sound.

2 3/8" by 5" - it was so fun to do!
• Committed snail-slaughter while riding along.  Didn't mean to kill the snails.  (Could just hear The Husband (in my head) telling me to go ahead, get as many as possible.)

• Wondered at the cashier at the grocery.  I pay for my goods in cash 99% of the time.  Did so today.  As she handed me back my change, she said, "thanks, ______" and called me by name.  Now where did that come from?  How on earth does she know my name?  Even though it was pleasant to be called such, makes me wonder if I'm not spending too much time at the grocery.  They should put me on the payroll....

• Finished up my latest cross stitch project.  I so enjoy hand needlework.  I think this one might be one we frame.  Used a variegated silk floss on it - haven't worked with silk before, and it was delightful.  Luxurious, even.

Today's gratitude:  for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment