Wind

Those leaves really are moving in the wind.
I've been known to utter a whine or two about the wind.  (Draper is sorta/kinda "famous" for its wind.) It spreads dirt around, it blows away the garbage cans, it makes trees look like they're in a perpetual lean...and most disturbing of all:  it messes up my hair.

Spent some time working in the yard with The Husband this morning.  Since we do this before our morning shower, I wasn't concerned about the dirt or even my hair.  It was the perfect day to be outside:  there was just the barest hint of fall in the air, the temps were in the upper 60's, the sun didn't feel too hot.  In a word:  lovely.

As I worked I began to be more aware of the breeze/wind.  Faintly reminiscent of the sound of the waves at the beach (a favorite place to be).  Less rhythmic, but equally soothing.  The leaves moving around creating interesting patterns on the grass, the whoosh of the air through the pines - all working together to generate the perfect conditions for working out in the dirt, bugs and thorns.  (Pretty obvious that yard work isn't my preferred pastime.)

Still, I found myself contemplating again the beauty of this world.  Being grateful for my body and the ease with which I can bend and move.  Feeling tenderness for the plants that flourish in spite of benign neglect. And loving the privilege of having a small spot of ground to call our own, a stewardship from our Heavenly Father that we try to be wise in utilizing. It was a fantabulous way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment