Middle Of The Week Day

Happy Hawthorne
Just a few thoughts rattling around in my brain:

What a luxury it is to have a tv, dvd player, treadmill and elliptical all together in the same room for beginning my day when the weather prohibits morning exercise.

I've been watching our little Hawthorne tree.  I didn't remember these fun red berries being so prolific before.  Must be a happy tree.

So love having good books to read.  Also some good books waiting in the basket and others coming in at the library.  Seems like I haven't been reading as fast as I used to, but it still is one of my top favorite hobbies.

I've enjoyed having the Grandson come home from school and check in for a few minutes before he heads off.  I like how he always has a hug for me and something interesting to say.

Was treated to a little bit of a post-birthday celebration.  The Husband always manages to toss in a surprise or two.  Tonight's surprise was this cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  Haven't ever had a cake from there before - I would never spend that kind of cash on a cake. But...he is ever thoughtful and kind and I felt special.

Chocolate chocolate chip = YUM!
So loved all the hugs from some of the grandchilluns.  The youngest - amongst all the talk and movement - walked over to me, touched me on the arm and said, "Happy Birthday, Nana."  Totally unprompted or solicited.

Have been reminded lately how frustrated I've been over the last few years by purses with two handles. Simply not comfortable for me.  How I've enjoyed my new purse with the single strap that fits nicely on my shoulder; just that little teensy change results in increased calmness / decreased annoyance. Yay!

Tonight's gratitude:  for critters (ants, mice, snakes, etc.) that stay in their proper arena:  outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment