Daily Delights

My days are so full of delights.  Things like:

• Plucking a watch from my drawer only to find the battery empty.  Just like the 76 (a slight exaggeration) other watches in the drawer equally empty.

• Non-delivered newspapers.

• Oil changes (on both cars) that take two hours instead of the promised 30 minutes.  Appointment notwithstanding.

• Step counters that don't work.  And when they do work, the computer interface wherein I get credit for all my hard work/steps is temperamental and it doesn't work.

• Drivers who blow through stop-signs/red lights as though they weren't there.

• Flat tires on bikes.

• Bad hair days.  Every day.  24/7.

Sure enough, these delights pale in comparison to the real delights that await on a fairly regular basis:

• Being cuddled when I'm cold in bed.

• Hugs from the grandchilluns - also the chilluns.

• The sun coming out after the rain.

• The rain.

• Having a lovely bike to ride.

• People who remember my birthday, even send cards.

• Air conditioning in the summer, heat in the winter.

• The Husband.

Read this the other day and liked it.  Reminds me to quit trying to figure out other people.  I'm never going to be successful at it.  Just let it go.  Consider improving myself and only myself.  And most of all, find gratitude in every day.  There is much to be grateful for.  Just let those frustrations go, they matter not a whit.



Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9.


No comments:

Post a Comment