Post-Weekend

This rainbow preceded the rain that pelted me!
I managed to get up and out on the trail this morning for a walk. Even though it was still dark when I left, fairly soon I could see the stunning vistas in the sky.  I tried to beat the rain home (wasn't predicted to rain so I left the slicker in the closet) and nearly managed it.  My Hero in his white Charger came to rescue me even though I was less than a block from home.  Interesting way to start my Monday.

Whilst traversing the trail was intrigued by a most unusual sound:  a couple people riding horses - in the dark.  I think that would be a bit scary.  And in all my decades of walking the trail, never have I seen that particular sight so early in the a.m.

Took a chance and ran up to the grocery for some milk in my rain-drenched clothes/hair.  Wondered who I would see.  Fortunately no one I know. But...watched two cars drive up on the parking lot. Doors were flung open, a guy and a gal ran toward each other, embraced with a fierceness that was touching to see, kissed, returned to their cars (one of which had an out of state plate) and drove off in different directions.  I don't think they even spoke. Hmmm, wish I knew the back-story on that little vignette.

Still thinking about the meeting Saturday night at church.  Parts of it were so very touching and inspiring.  Others, maybe not quite so much.  Remember the Stake President mentioning that his two counselors are "true believers" of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Loved that description and all it implies. Something to aspire to.

Still working on eliminating unnecessary guilt from my life.  Had to turn someone down yesterday who asked for my help.  I had a prior commitment.  Still felt guilty even though she was asking for assistance out of a pickle she herself had created - while giving me only 30 minutes notice.  I try to never say no when someone asks.  Still trying to kick the guilt over this rejection to the curb.

Today's gratitude:  That The Husband takes a second or two every once in a while during his day to come give me a hug.  How lucky we are that he can work at home, my bestest-ever-best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment