Mind The Gap

This British phrase has been more prevalent the last few years.  I see it around quite a bit.  And I do mind the gap.  But not around the Tube (subway).

The gap that has my attention is the thigh gap.  I find it decidedly unfair that some women have a lovely thigh gap.  You know, that gap between thighs so wide you can see through to the other side of the woman?  It mean their thighs are slender, not thunder.

The two things I always notice about people are the length of their pants (too short/long or just right) and the size of their thigh gap, if they have one.  I don't. Have a thigh gap that is.  I bemoan that fact often.

Just the other day I read something along these lines that struck a chord in me:  My thighs are friends, they like to be close to each other.  And I'm thinking my thighs are really good friends.  Thigh gap is never going to be in my future.

Sigh....

Setting moon, frost on the roof, perfect for my walk.
Went for a walk this morning.  Was so entranced, again, by the moon.  The reason I took this picture though, was the frost on the roof of the casita around the corner.  First time this season for frost - which I noticed on several roofs and lawns.  I so love the trend toward cooler weather.  We even added another blanket on the bed last night.  YAY!  The heat of the summer is history for this year.

Tonight we're heading off to The Roof - a restaurant/upscale buffet that overlooks Temple Square. With a couple friends who also have a September anniversary, who have never been to the Roof but want to go.  It should be a delightful evening. I'm reserving my wheelchair now.

No comments:

Post a Comment