Tuesday's Beginning

The Husband is out of town again.  Thus, I didn't sleep well last night - finally drifted off about 5 for an hour or so.  This meant I was later than usual heading out for my walk.  Told The Husband it was a weird walk.

Yellow leaves turning brown.
Don't understand why the woman jogger thought it was permissible for her to engage me in conversation, lay her arm across my back and stick her face six inches from mine while passing me on the trail. A total stranger!  Ewww!  Unpleasant and bothersome at best.  Hope to never see her again.  (But I'm prepared if I do.)

Noticed again:  the colors on the trees are changing.  There is orange on the mountainsides.  The contrast between the changing leaves and the ones that are still green is lovely to behold.  Unfortunately the morning light wasn't quite bright enough yet to fully capture the beauty.
Starlings greeting the day.

Eavesdropped on the starlings all lined up on the wires.  Quite the confabulation.  I was a non-contributor.

Perhaps a weed but I so love its happy face.
So love the flowers that are still blooming.

Returned one book to the library only to pick up another two that are both new releases and will be needing reading sooner than later.  What a fun luxury.

Treated myself to lunner at Cafe Rio.  More fun with a friend. Opted for a kouign amann meant for supper.  I was too late, they were all sold.  Settled instead on a chocolate croissant that ended up being lunner dessert instead of supper.  No matter when it was consumed - mighty tasty.  Made my tastebuds happy.

Today was just an ordinary day of ordinariness.  And it was just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment