AARRGGHHH!!

It's no secret that I love to read.

At any given time I have a stack of books to read from the library. I collect the free ones for my Nook and my Kindle (which was a free one we received).  There is really no worry that I'll run out of stuff (and hopefully all good) stuff to read.  Plus, I always have a bunch of books requested at the library to read when they are available.

Lately I've been scrambling to keep up.  They are coming in faster than I can read.  (Although it is true that I don't read as fast as I used to.)  One was checked out to me yesterday that I thought would take months to arrive:  I was number 1023 in the queue.

So here, I am, at my computer and get an email.  Yep, from the library.  A digital book that I requested months ago is available for checkout.  I only have 48 hours to check it out.
And all of a sudden I'm feeling pressure.  Read. Read. Read.  Arrgghh!

Hours later, and I've decided that it doesn't matter if I read that particular book or not.  Digital hold at the library - cancelled.  Some pressure relieved.

And now I'm off to finish a book so I can start the next one.

Today's gratitude:  for the ability to read, for eyes that let me see the beauty of the printed word (as well as the beauty of the world around me) and for good stories to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment