Personality Quirks/Flaws

Pictures don't do it justice.  I even caught the tiny moon.
Came home from my walk this morning and asked The Husband:  if you're rude to someone and they don't get that you were rude to them, does it count as being rude?

The answer I got (which was exactly the answer I knew I'd get) was an unequivocal yes.  So, sorry, extremely-loud-lady-on-the-trail-with-the-headlight-you-shone-straight-into-my-eyes:  I was rude.  And your being rude first doesn't excuse my rude back even if my rudeness went over your head.  (And for those with questioning minds - my rudeness was a quiet, simple statement of fact that lots of people wouldn't even consider rude. "People are sleeping." It was 6:30 a.m and still dark out for heaven's sake.)

I have long been aware of my faults, failings and shortcomings.  Aware, also,  that I am an abrasive personality. I often bite my tongue so as to not cause difficulties.  I, also, am frequently taken advantage of because I try to live and let live.  Every once in a while, though, I tend to get my back up and stand my ground - I get weary of "just taking it." This morning was one of those times.

I so love being out and watching the day dawn.  The peacefulness of the early morning is a treasure.  I am disheartened when that peacefulness becomes more and more rare because of the intrusion of people who are only concerned for themselves and not how their actions impact others.  Does consideration of others exist any more?

Happy little tree.
So, true confession:  I was rude.  And yes, I am repenting.  And will I repeat said rudeness:  I'll try not to, but it might be difficult.  I should take a lesson from Dr. Seuss who said, "Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered."

Then I read the newspaper article about people saying they were going to eliminate lots of social media because of the way it makes them feel inadequate - people always parading their perfection.  Come read my blog.  I doubt it will make anyone feel inferior.  My faults are pretty much always on display for the whole world to see.  Like that saying:  all your successes seem to happen in private, but any failure is always in public.  Yep, that feels like me.

The spectacular-ness of the sunrise was fleeting - the colors lasted only a few minutes.  Fortunately I was walking backwards enough on the trail that I caught it.

And the pine tree?  It's only about 4 1/2 feet tall.  But check out the size of those pinecones.  I'd say that was a happy tree.

Today's gratitude:  for repentance.  And for the forgiveness that surely will be mine if I am sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment