Small Choices, Often Inadvertently Good Consequences.

The Husband and the grandson went to General Priesthood meeting last night.  Afterwards we all were debriefing.  The subject of cellphones came up.  Grandson's Mom asked him if he took his phone with him.  Yes, he said, but he turned it off.  As I'm mentally applauding his foresight, he added that he wanted to save the battery.

That so struck me.  And it was reinforcement for the knowledge I have that small decisions to do right, made well in advance of any situation, often allow us to make the right decision later with ease.  And often those small advance decisions lead to larger positive results than we expect.  Ones that keep us on the straight and narrow, away from danger.

How grateful I was for the reminder.  And that it was my 13-year-old grandson who helped me to remember the lesson:  Inadvertently doing the right thing, often on the way to doing something else is still doing the right thing.  And that's a good thing.

And I so love the words of President Monson as he closed conference, mentioning that our testimonies are our protection in this world.  How grateful I am for my own testimony of Jesus Christ  - and His atonement for all the challenges we each face in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment