Something New Every Day

From the RR track: the back of our house & the trail.
It's good to do something different.  Decided I wanted to share the view from my family room looking east.  Tried to take a picture, but I was just plain too far away.

So, the different thing I did was take a bit of a walk somewhere that I don't remember ever walking (although I might have, this old brain doesn't remember bits as well as it used to).

Behind our house is a paved walking/biking trail.  On the other side of that is an aging unused (but not abandoned) railroad track.  The track at that point is about 6 feet above the trail.  If I'd tried to take a picture from our backyard it would have been too low to see the view from inside our house.

Our view of Corner Canyon and the horse pasture.
I so love to look out the windows (especially in the mornings) and see the two horse pastures and the horses.  I love hearing the horses greet each other with a whinny.  There's something calming about horses grazing in the near distance.

My foot pointing to the big spider I found.
We talk all the time about moving.  I'd like to for many reasons.  I'd like to stay for enough reasons that we do nothing out of sheer inertia.  One thing, though:  I'd hate to leave this particular spot of beauty - there's still enough rural around us that it somewhat balances out the urbanity.

Today's gratitude:  for the part of me that's up for something new and different.  Hopefully it will keep me from aging too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment