Is It Only Wednesday?

I raked for quite a bit of time.
The Husband is in the office in CA.  I didn't fill my days quite so full this trip.  Thus, I find myself wishing time would speed up - I've missed The Husband so.

Saw a couple deer up close and personal while on my walk this morning.  I still delight in seeing the wildlife around here.

Won't be throwing our leaves over the fence like this place.
Decided to spend some time outdoors.  It seems the raking will never end.  The cottonwood trees are mostly empty of their leaves; the maples are about half done.  The pines which-are-aka-evergreens are still carpeting the lawn with the no-longer-green needles.  These piles (above) of leaves aren't teeny - about ten feet long, knee high (my knees are roughly 19" high) and comprise only about 20-25% of the yard's leaves.  (oops, must have been shaking from all the hard work - one of these days I'll take a non-fuzzy picture.  I'd re-do it but it is now dark outside and I'm a'scared of the dark.) And I'm mindful of the fact that we have already raked several times and I think there'll be several times more.

It helps to be outdoors.  When it's cool outdoors it helps to clear my head - in spite of the incessant barking dogs that seem to always surround me.

Been thinking a lot about something I read recently.  Something along the lines of it being no small thing to understand.  I find this concept fascinating - if I truly do understand, it affects a lot of things: my reactions, my other behavior, my thinking, my approach to something.  That might be a good goal - to truly understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment