Alone Again.

And after 43 years of marriage I am super-lonesome when The Husband is gone.  November is proving to be a challenge for me.  Gone...home...gone...home.  I'm not even sure if I'm coming or going.

Made the bottom of my foot cold.
I've started a new trend.  In the past, when I've found holes in my socks (such as this one) I've tossed the complete pair.  Now, I toss just the one.  And wear the remainder with another remainder. Generally it is just around the house; I've unshackled myself from the bonds of wearing only matching socks.  Life is more fun this way.

HuHot!  Loved it.
Treated ourselves to lunch at our new Mongolian Grill.  I so love this kind of food! Whenever I find myself craving a bunch of vegetables (which I often do) I'll prolly head over for lunch. IMO, all you can eat is not gluttony when it is veggies! (And what is going on today?  People keep asking me all kinds of personal questions and telling me more about their own lives than I had even considered asking.  I must not have my "in-a-surly-mood-don't-talk-to-me"block on today.)
I never tire of this view!

The Husband spent some time this a.m. gathering up the leaves I had raked, even the ones I had raked that the wind scattered.  The cottonwood trees are nearly done, but the honeylocusts in the front have barely begun to shed their summer finery.  I even love the way these trees look sans their leaves.
Even has a smiley face!

The Husband's employer partners with Virgin Health.  I happily jumped on board with the step-counter - after all I pretty much walk every day, why not get rewarded for all those steps I take?  Virgin has only supported one device - their own GoZone pedometer that has been fraught with issues.  Newsflash: now they do the the FitBit! I love it's eentsy size.  And the fact that I can get it in something other than black.  (Life is meant to be lived in full color!) Plus: it is wireless so with the iPad app I can just be in proximity to my iPad and it will automatically sync and keep track of all those steps I'm taking!  So far, no glitches!

I can come up with lots of reasons to be grateful tonight, but the one I most hope for (The Husband's presence) isn't going to happen.  Perhaps I'll head out later for a gelato.  I can be grateful for that.  Maybe instead, I'll just say I'm grateful that he'll be home the morning after tomorrow!  Yep, that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment