Saturday

And I'm enjoying being home.  A get-a-way is a good thing.  Even though most people love to travel (and in a lot of respects, I do, too) I am a confirmed homebody at heart.  I love being here.

I've finally completely caught up on the laundry and sundry other chores.  The pine needles and leaves have had some raking from The Husband.  The larder is stocked.  We've managed to see 5 of our 9 grandchilluns.  Tomorrow we'll be back at church in our home ward.  Things are looking pretty good for the moment.

I had some interaction with someone.  A couple of someones actually.  Been thinking a lot about people and relationships and how it all works - or doesn't work.  It truly is important how we treat one another.  That we listen.  That we make eye contact.  That we proffer our hearts.  That we keep our disappointments/pain/disagreements/judgements to ourselves.  We never ever know what another is feeling or how we affect them.

I think about this because of the reaction I saw from other someones for me.  How heartwarming to round the corner of an aisle, see a familiar face and notice the immediate welcoming smile.  What balm to my soul to be received with a hug from someone who rarely evidences any regard for me.  What joy to have a younger someone run to me with outstretched arms.  What very teensy glimpses these are of the care and concern our Heavenly Father must have for us.  How much better for us to emulate Him to the best of our abilities.

Tonight's gratitude:  for the memory of the full moon sparkling on the breaking waves at the beach. Can't wait to see it again.  And for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment