Uh Oh....

The Husband came home from our trip with a bad cold.  Wouldn't kiss me for a couple days (even though I made him forget his plan) because he didn't want me to get his cold.  I kept telling him I wouldn't.  And I didn't.

Went to lunch today with a friend.  Came home, was home for about half an hour and bam!!  I felt instantly like I'd been assaulted with a virus:  instant sore throat, instant headache (I only get headaches like this when I'm sick) instant runny nose.  I think I have a cold/strep throat/tonsillitis.  Dangnabit!!  I simply don't have the time (or inclination) to be sick.  I wash my hand often.  That doesn't stop someone breathing on me (especially when most people seem to be taller than me and breathe down) or coughing on me.

Sigh....

Hmmm...
It seems the last few years like this is the way it always is.  I feel fine.  Suddenly I don't.  It's weird how quickly it slams into my system.

Received this letter in the mail.  I don't know, it just struck me funny, I laughed all the way in from the mailbox.  A free-pre-paid cremation?  Just in case anyone is wondering, I don't plan to die anytime soon.

Received a phone call.  Someone has been asked to sing in Sacrament meeting in two weeks.  Invited me to accompany them, which I readily agreed to.  Alas, this person is also closely associated with the one who did the musical arrangement for the one I did this last Sunday.  Not my favorite.  I think I'm being tested here.  Hopefully I'll pass the test.

And...The only things left to wrap are the cookie boxes for the neighbors.  Everything else is done.  The vacuum has been cleaned (thanks, My Love - and yes the vacuum benefits from an occasional blast from the air compressor to clean out all the stuck on dust/dirt), the laundry completed, ironing caught up.  Deep breath.  Yes, I can (except for my stuffy head) breathe.

Today's gratitude:  for decongestants.  I think I'm going to need a fresh supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment