Alone Again

I was just getting used to The Husband going to the office in CA the second week of the month. Shouldn't do that, that's when things change.  So he's in the office this week.  He was home for so long that I got really accustomed to having him here.  I liked it!

So, I ran out this morning to do some errands.  Was caught in the middle of a deer crossing - several crossed the street in front of me, and several more after.  Was glad I'd been paying attention  - had the car barely moving.
Look both ways!

Stopped at the grocery - what, do I look lonesome or something?  The old guy (he was very wrinkly and totally white haired so I think it might be safe to assume he's old - definitely older than me anyway) insisted on engaging me in conversation about his check-out experience.  My polite smile wasn't enough to dissuade him, he continued to talk. He probably thought he was enriching my grocery expedition.  I really was just fine.

Chop salad (sans onions and accompanied by my Nook) at Corner Bakery was a delightful meal.  I'll be sad when my gift cards are all spent.

I had just about succumbed to the inclination to accept our friends invitation to go on a cruise with them.  Then I listened to the news: yet another incidence of illness running amok on a cruise ship. Not taking any chances on getting norovirus!

Loved being on the trail at sunrise wearing my new shoes.  Good for my feet and my head.
Pictures can never do a sunrise justice.
Still thinking about a phrase from a song (I Feel My Savior's Love) the kiddos sang in Primary yesterday - "I offer him my heart, my Shepherd He will be." Made me wonder how often I've offered my heart to Christ.  Surely not near enough. (My heart is much harder than it should be.)  Worth pondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment