Obversations

Just a few observations from the last several days.

• Surely as it is dark outside and I'm comfortably in my jammies, the doorbell rings.  Yes, it happened.

• Went to a movie, one I was ambivalent about seeing.  Was not liking it until about 3/4 of the way through.  Ended with tears in my eyes.  Not my favorite (yep, I'm in the minority with that perspective) but definitely worth seeing.

• Still wondering about the lady in the Home Depot parking lot, sitting in her car with the engine running, across the end of several parking spots, so really, quite the center of attention, carefully putting on her makeup.  Just struck me as strange.

• Ikea is still a fun place to go even though they didn't have what I needed. (We passed on the frozen yogurt - still avoiding sweets and unwise carbs.)

• Still not fond of our 1-4 p.m. church schedule.  Too much time that feels wasted in the morning.
"When I am old..."

• The best part of church was watching this cute pig-tailed girl-child sing her heart out.  Knew every single word.  She can't even begin to sing on key or carry a melody, but was warbling whatever note felt good at the top of her lungs.  A sweet memory.

• Am in a purple loving mood.  Wore purple on Friday.  Almost did on Saturday.  Fully decked out in purple today.  Keep thinking of that old poem, "when I am an old woman I shall wear purple..."  Wondered if I wear purple because I'm old.  Then saw the news anchor on the noon news and she was wearing purple - and she's definitely not old.  Just must be the popular color right now.  I really like it.

• This afternoon I ran to the grocery for some supplies.  Was absolutely riveted by the view across the valley towards Kennecott Copper mine.  The air fairly crackles it is so crisp and clean.  Made me want to breathe deeply while I can.

• Decided that sometimes I not only would like to be a hermit, but that I should be a hermit.  It is too tempting at times to be cranky/judgemental, anxious to give my advice where it isn't welcome or even solicited.  Yesterday was one of those days I just wanted to stamp my foot and make people behave/buck up/think of others.  And yep, I know.  So out of line, not my place.  Thank heavens I only had a minor tantrum within the walls of my own home so no one (besides family) had to witness it.

• Had to talk to a lady at church.  Her response to me is rarely gracious, more like she's annoyed at having to interact with me.  She's quite a sarcastic person and that generally grates on me, it isn't really pleasant, particularly on a constant basis.  So...I watched her walk past.  And thought.  And hesitated almost too long.  But finally girded my loins and called out to her.  And yes, she acted just as usual (I'minahurrywhatdoyouwantI'mtoobusy/goodforyou).  Still, I tried to do the kind thing and pretend her behavior didn't matter, when really, it did. I intend to persevere.  Eventually, perhaps she'll relent.  We'll see.

• I'm grateful today for eyes that see the beauties of this world and for people who are patient with me and my shortcomings and for forgiveness.  I hope Heavenly Father never runs out of it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment