Reading

Adventures Await!
In 2013 I read roughly 20 fewer books than I did in 2012.  Thought about this the other day.  I had been a week without a single book out of the library - a rare occurrence.

Even though I have books scattered throughout the house, and tons of books on my iPad and Nook (and Kindle app) and was reading them, I still felt adrift without something from the library.  I'm one who can walk into a library and instantly find friends in the volumes that line the shelves.

A book I'd requested at the library came in - I nearly instantly dove in.  Feels good.  I see a trip to the library in my future.  A happy thought.

Been thinking a lot about people and their behavior.  And how often behavior is misinterpreted, misunderstood.  Had quite a lively discussion while Visiting Teaching this morning that included this very subject.  The lesson was about the Savior's divine mission and how He is our exemplar.  The three of us women counted it a blessing our desire to never disappoint our Heavenly Father - to give others the benefit of the doubt, to remove that kind of judgement from our hearts.

What a pleasure to begin my morning associating with women whose values and standards are uplifting and great examples to me.

This is a wonderful quote by Linda K. Burton.  I'd love to have only admirable things written in my heart.

“When each of us has the doctrine of the Atonement written deep in our hearts, then we will begin to become the kind of people the Lord wants us to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment