Thursday That Feels Like Tuesday

With all the holidays the last couple weeks my head is confused.  Along with my schedule.  And apparently deliveries at the grocery.  (Stopped in for some serious empty-refrigerator-mitigation and the grocery was out of my kind of milk, the size of eggs we like, the size container of cottage cheese....)

The sun is shining, but through that layer of disgusting haze.
I am disliking the air.  Yes, we regularly get these winter inversions that trap in the pollution and color the air an unappealing shade of - well - muck, I guess.  We are warned to not spend any length of time outdoors. Thus, I have been inside on my treadmill.  Have done some serious reading, but I miss my daily commune with the sunrise.  Hoping for a storm, and absent that I am contemplating a drive up the canyon for some clean air therapy.

One of our former YSA's dropped by today.  (He gives the best hugs!)  He was only in town for a short time. We haven't seen him since before his mission, and he's been home a year - so roughly 3 years. He looks great:  has a goal - or a few - is keenly aware of his blessings, is happy and anticipatory of what adventure comes his way next. He also has a beautiful, very contagious smile.  How fabulous it was to see him.

I read a thing the other day where this woman said she wanted - sometime in her earthly sojourn - to make a difference in at least one person's life.  I don't know that we necessarily made a difference in this young man's life, but we made a friend.

We wish him well.

And as with all our YSA's, he took a piece of our hearts with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment