Other People's Thoughts

I've been struck today by thoughts from other people.  Like these:

• "If it ain't good news, I don't want to hear it!"

• He decided to keep in touch with his daughter by sending her a text every single day.  (I thought I might try this on someone I wish would keep in better touch.  Wondered if I might be perceived as a pain if I did.  Probably, so maybe I won't.)

• "You have to pick the hard (things in life) that will make you happiest.  If you can stop looking for easy, your happiness will come that much sooner."

• Be patient.  (That one's a real difficulty for me....)

• And this one by Thornton Wilder:  "There is a land of the living, and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning."

Tonight I'm grateful for wisdom, and those who are willing to share their portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment