Busy

I like being busy.  Not overwhelmed.  This is likely to be one of those weeks that require speed-skates and a helmet.  Besides a couple lunches out there's Hale Theater, the symphony and several additional non-regularly-occurring engagements.  Also a couple funerals - which we might have to miss.

And I'm already behind in my reading.  I finished 3 books this last week.  And received notice that 2 more are in transit - new arrivals,  ones that won't be renewable (so I'll have to read fast!).   Not to mention the 4 others I have checked out from the library that can be renewed that are waiting for my interest.

The lilacs are looking lovely!
Combine all that with the usual grocery shopping, and household chores, practicing the piano for a difficult accompaniment that's coming up soon, projects (Christmas gifts I'm working on that might end up being for next year, who knows), garden spots that need my loving attention, and I'm feeling the need to come up for air.

My walk along the trail this morning was delightful.  It always helps me manage the teensy bit of stress that accompanies the busy-ness of life. (But I think I'll never like daylight savings time!)

Most of these things are fun things, the sort of activity that enriches life - mind, body and soul.  The sort of things that enhance contentment, that remind me of all there is to be grateful for - and indeed, my gratitude swells.

If this particular brand of being busy keeps me from becoming old rather than aged, then I'm all for it.  I plan to be a young old lady.  My heart is grateful for all that keeps me young.

No comments:

Post a Comment