Stuff

Been thinking a lot about an article I read the other day about financial expert Dave Ramsey and his daughter Rachel Cruze.  They have written a book together.  The article mentioned the favorite chapter in the new book for both of them is the one on contentment. I am anxious to get hold of the book just for that one chapter.

Anyway, I was struck that one of the financial basics they teach is contentment.  I've long been a fan of contentment.  Part of it is my age.  Part of it is the fact that when I was a growing up there wasn't any cash for anything non-essential. We had to learn to be happy - and appreciative - for what we had. Thus I was never into anything trendy or brand names.  I am grateful for that, that attitude has proved beneficial through the years. I strive to be content, I think it's worth working for.

Was chatting with a sweet friend today and she said that was a gift her mother gave to her and her sisters - contentment.  In my mind, that gift is a huge one.  How blessed those sisters are.
Only he would decorate his monitor with silly putty!

Today I am grateful for The Husband.  Who has spent several decades sharing with me the beauty he sees in this world/life.  My eyes have surely been opened.

Walked into his office this morning and saw this.  Had to do a double take.  He has a couple large balls of Silly Putty (I have no idea where he acquired them) that he works with when the computers are, well, computing.  The daughter and grandson are quick to be the first to see the latest configuration.  I was slow to see this latest.  It makes me laugh every time I see it.  (Laughter is good.)

Life is definitely not boring with him.  How lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment