Favorite

Not completely worn out yet.
I have lots of favorite things. Some things are harder to narrow down to just one favorite - like color, or food, or book.  But there are some that are just far-and-away-stand-out-favorites.  Like my robe. It is made from the most yummy sweatshirt-like fabric - totally soft inside in spite of countless washings. It's ancient (at least in robe terms). It has stains that it refuses to relinquish.  It is wearing out.

I have tried to replace it, but somewhere along the line the manufacturer changed it - the sizing is slightly different.  The colors are different.  The new one was pretty much a "fail".  A second new one was ordered.  Better, though still not the same.

I am not giving up without a fight, though.  I have loved this robe. It will continue to enrich my lounging (evenings and mornings) until it absolutely falls completely apart.  Until that time, I will resist "breaking in" the replacement.  I will ignore those who notice my threadbare cuffs.  And when it is dark outside and after 6 p.m.  I will don my jammies and my favorite robe and snuggle to my heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment