Surprised

I was vacuuming this morning...surprised myself by suddenly wanting to text 4 people who are important to me.  So I did.  Expected to hear back from 2 maybe 3 of them.  To my delighted surprise I heard back from all 4!  A fun reward.

In a burst of unexpected domesticity decided to make some deviled eggs for our lunch.  Was surprised at how good they tasted.

Yummy!
Surprised myself by deciding to stay at home today and run my errands tomorrow.  Weird, since today was a lovely day and tomorrow it will rain.  I guess I must be anxious to wear my slicker.

Was surprised to walk by a smallish tree laden with maybe 25 robins and none of them flew off, they all just sat there and greeted me with a song.  I so love spring.  Even if it isn't really spring yet, it pretty much feels like it.

I've been surprised - decided to listen to the scriptures as I read them (a tip from a friend).  I generally just think of talking in the background as noise to be ignored.  But I've been enjoying following along as this pleasant male voice reads the text.  Perhaps I'll remember more of my scripture study this way.  I certainly enjoy it more.

And tonight, I'm grateful for pleasant surprises.  The things that can catch us unaware and enrich our experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment