Monday That Feels Like....Monday

I thought perhaps the day wouldn't be quite so super the way it started out.  I dislike having The Husband take a plane away from me.

Also not fond of Daylight Savings Time.  The only savings to be had are in the minds of a few (IMO) backward thinking people.  DST meant that it was quite dark when I headed out for my walk.  Dislike the dark.  (Really, you'd think a 60+ something year old woman wouldn't be afraid of the dark...but I am.  I admit it.  Freely.)

Good hair in a bottle.
Among my errands today was the acquisition of some hairspray.  My supply is nearly depleted.  Armed with my $3.50 coupon and the notion that the brand I like was "buy 2 get one free" I headed off to Ulta.  I like Ulta.  Just not the service I generally receive.  And yep, the shelves were empty save for one smallish spray bottle (the usual situation at my local store).  Timidly asking an employee if they had more that wasn't on the shelves I was met with kindness and helpfulness.  Even so far as to sift through two large boxes she was working on and then going into the back to retrieve two largish bottles (all they had).  Even the cashier was cheerful and helpful.  Not my usual experience there.  And what fun for a dreary Monday morning.  End result:  $50 worth of hairspray for $15 from my wallet, after emptying my last two gift cards.  (Gift cards = my enjoyment.  I so like them!)  I think I probably have several years worth of hairspray now - I like to be prepared.

My other errands weren't quite so productive but I figure I was on the plus side of the balance sheet with my successful Ulta experience.

Watched a video of an actress speaking about beauty.  Such an appealing, composed young woman.  I applaud her admonition to other young women to focus on the "deeper business of being beautiful inside." A lovely turn of phrase containing truth.  I also liked how she spoke of God as the true Man of Miracles.  Hope crops up in all sorts of places.

Dinner tonight will be a smoothie.  I think tonight's will be greek yogurt, orange, banana, fresh spinach, and walnut.  One of my favorites.  I love my Blend (will it blend?) Tec!

It's almost 6 and nearly dark, almost time for comfy clothes.  A good book.  A yummy smoothie.  Aahh.  Nice.  (Although I'm missing The Husband something fierce!)

No comments:

Post a Comment