Beginning Of The Week

And I have just a few thoughts tumbling around in my head.

• 'Twas fun to play for our granddaughter's baptism on Saturday morning.  (Why does every piano in every church I've played have a sustain pedal that squeaks? At least it surely seems so.)

• As much as I've enjoyed the rain (and this morning it was actually snow!) I'm ready for a bit of sunshine sans heat.

• We covered the freshly planted geraniums last night, hoping they'll weather the cold (had to turn the furnace on again).  May have to do that again tonight.

Sunrise across the valley.  Love, love, love the morning.
• Been wondering about how things fit/fitting in.  I'm kind of an in-between sort of person.  My feet are mostly in between sizes.  If I go half size bigger the shoes are too big.  Half size smaller and they're too snug.  If I buy clothes to fit my waist they're ginormous around my hips and if I fit my hips, it's too tight around my waist. I'm too short to reach things up high, too big for short things. It seems I just don't fit anywhere.  Not even in the world.  I repeatedly receive unsolicited instructions on how to live.  My thoughts/opinions are frequently different than the generally accepted ones.  I often feel out-of-step-useless.

But then I think - is the world really a one-size-fits-all-and-if-you-don't-fit-you-don't-matter kind of thing? Or is it more of a one-size-doesn't-need-to-fit-all-and-all-are-welcome kind of thing?  I prefer to think it's the latter. After all - I don't feel like I have to agree with everyone else and am grateful that I can think on my own, know what's best for me.

Listened to a talk at Stake conference yesterday that caused me some small dismay.  Reference was made to girls/young women who aren't as pretty/popular/etc. and how they, too, need the attention of the young men.  Implying there's only a select few who actually deserve said attention.  Made me sad.  I have a knee-jerk-kick-back reaction to those who act like others are beneath them.  I am constantly reminding myself that Heavenly Father loves each of us.  And we all (me included) need to act in that manner.  We are all important.

• Passed a yard on my walk that has a whole long section of the boundary fence lined with lilac bushes.  Likely 18-20 bushes.  Had to poke my nose in each and every one to enjoy the separate and distinct ( though still lilac-y) luscious scent. And I confess.  I snatched a couple sprigs.  (Isn't anything hanging over the trail just begging- and free- to be taken?) I'll mention it in my evening prayers and hope it won't keep me out of heaven.

I'm feeling grateful today for kindness from another.  For welcoming smiles, a brief hug and a sincere query about how I am.  I received such actions yesterday.  I'm still benefitting today.  I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment