Wow, Thursday Already?

And I mentioned to The Husband just yesterday that we aren't having quite enough fun at the moment!

• Celebrated the birthday of one of our granddaughters the other day.  How delightful she is, and how grateful I am that she is accepting of us.

• I so love the lavender colors of the spring: lilacs, tree blooms, flowers.  Nature is fabulous.

• Walked the trail this morning, looked up just in time to see a deer clear the 6 foot chain link fence in front of me.  Don't see that every day (or ever before in that spot!).

• Stopped at the fence over by the goat - talked to it for just a second and it was up and eagerly coming to greet me.  Fed it some long grass from the field.  As I walked off, I could hear it bleating at me for a long ways.  Wasn't done being friendly, I guess.

I think these are redbuds. Yes? Or no?
• Heard about an incident from my cousin.  She heard a siren from a police car.  He told her she might want to go back and retrieve the gallon milk jug that fell out of her car (as she was driving) because of her neglecting to close the car's back door.  I thought I was the only one who does stuff like that.  Thanks, cousin, I needed that mental picture this morning.

• I've often wondered how those teensy chickadees, robins, meadowlarks and other singing birds manage to get such volume out of those small vocal organs.  How lovely it makes our world.

• It feels like I've been interacting with our adult children more lately.  I've so enjoyed that.  The calls, texts, chats, hugs, visits:  balm for my soul.  I've not ever been the greatest Mom, haven't really known how to Mother (I had no good example - and suffer the heart aches that accompany my wish to have been a better one).  Still, though, I love my chilluns.

• This afternoon will likely find me at Costco getting the things on the list that has been lengthening. Dislike spending money, but if I'm lucky, The Husband will come along and cheer me on.  That will make it worth it.

• Today's gratitude is for the spring season and the beauty it brings to the world.  For our Savior's atonement that will cover all my sins and pain, and for the forgiveness that I surely need every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment