Finished, Forty-Five

Just now finished reading (and writing a review on GoodReads) of Nancy Turner's latest work "My Name Is Resolute".  I continue in my admiration and love for Ms. Turner's ability to craft something that takes me so completely from my own world into another.  What am amazing read!  However would I survive this world without my love of reading?

Forty-Five years ago yesterday The Husband asked me to be his girl, his steady girl, in effect his steady-best-friend-girl. What an interesting, fabulous, wonderful ride it has been.  What a blessing to have been together for the last 45 years.  I might have to write an epic book so when I leave this world some might know my name, might know my small contributions to the world.  Contributions which I hope would include kindness and courage.  And a steadfast nature (another word for resolute.)

Those 45 years work out to 16,000 plus days.  That doesn't quite sound right (doesn't seem like enough) to me, although I've done the math myself.  Not all of those 16,000 days have been spent physically together but I like to fancifully think our hearts have been intertwined each and every one of them.
Early morning sun hitting the mountain across the valley.


Hit the trail on my walk this morning, just a bit later than usual, so it was fully light outside when I left. There's something about being out in the early morning light, mostly by myself, listening to (and watching) the world awaken that brings such peace to my soul.  It shores up my reserves somehow, leaves me anticipating the day with an extra (though small) portion of good cheer.  Every sunrise is the same, yet every sunrise is different.  I love watching the day rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment