Mondays

Sitting at the counter, eating, thinking.  Thinking how much I have disliked Mondays lately.  Saw a commercial come on tv.  Advertising some job search company.  The main point was if you use their service you'll love Mondays more than Fridays.  I'm thinking I need something like that.

This Monday started out with me feeling bereft.  I so dislike when The Husband goes.  I know it's necessary.  I'm so grateful for his work ethic.  I know this is important and valuable.  My mind is fine with it.  My heart....not quite so much.

I parked next to this lovely fragrant tree at the grocery.
One of the cars ended up in the shop this morning.  Bottom line ransom for it:  $1500.  Hadn't planned on that particular expense.  I'm grateful for a (very small it seems) cushion that covers things like this.

Received the results of our biometric screening.  The Husband should be so very pleased.  His numbers improved (since our last screening 11 months ago) practically across the board.  Well done!  Mine: almost all of the numbers improved, although not much, just small increments. (The only not improved number was my overall cholesterol which (while a teensy bit higher) is right in the same range where it's been for years. The HDL's are well in the healthy range as are the LDL's and the HDLC ratio. Since all those numbers are in the... well...fabulous range, I'll be fine with it while simultaneously striving for lower overall cholesterol.)

To celebrate (and combine the celebration with my being-home-alone-pity-party) I stopped at Corner Bakery and bought a mini bundt cake.  I intended to eat half, save half.  Even tried to cut it in half.  But it fell apart.  And little pieces of moist cake would turn to stale useless pieces by morning.  So I just gave it up and ate the whole thing. UGH!  I abhor that awful full feeling I don't generally have anymore.  Tomorrow will be partying with candles only, no cake.  :^) And going back to my healthy stir-fry meal. (The taste was scrumptiliumptious!)

The flowers we planted over the weekend are looking lovely, the lawn is super-lush and green.  The sun was shining.  It's been such a lovely day it was a shame to have it be Monday.  (And around one in the morning tonight, I'll be up looking to see if I can enjoy the lunar eclipse.  Should be really pretty.)

My gratitude is for kind people who call on the phone just to tell something nice.  Chat a bit then go on their way.  What a sweet soul she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment